TryMedia ActiveMark protected casual games won't run

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by webdeck, May 10, 2007.

1. webdeck

webdeck Member

I have several casual games (such as Bejeweled, Zuma, Poppit, etc.) which I have paid for. However, these games use TryMedia's ActiveMark DRM copy protection. When you launch the game, the DRM prevents it from running under Parallels with the following error:

This application cannot run with an active debugger in memory.
    Please unload the debugger and restart the application.

I am not running any sort of debugger. It appears that something about Parallels triggers the DRM's anti-debugger defense. Similar non-DRM'ed games run fine under Parallels, as these games are not graphic intensive, so I'm fairly confident that these games would perform acceptably if they would run. I would really like to be able to play the games that I own under Parallels, without having to reboot into Boot Camp.

Is this a known Parallels issue that's being worked on? Is there anything I can do with my setup to get it to work?

Details: Parallels build 3188 (running Windows XP SP2) on Mac OS X 10.4.9 on a MacBook with 2GB RAM.

Thanks,
    -Mike

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

3. webdeck

webdeck Member

I stated that in my original post:

4. drkmstr

drkmstr Bit poster

Same Problem

Same problem I would love to know any solutions you have come across

5. pfloydn

pfloydn Member

Don't purchase software from them in the future that's DRM'd?

That's what I've come to decide. It just causes hassles for me, doesn't seem to keep the price down - so I buy only products that I can move around without restriction.