Anyone has Problems with Pokertracker and Parallels too ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Elbe, May 8, 2007.

1. Elbe

Elbe Junior Member

Almost every second time or something about every hour using parallels while having Pokertracker started, my parallels vm gets crashed.

Has someone the same problem?

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i dont use them, but pokerstars was a big topic a while back. Apparently its because it uses OpenGL that Parallels doesnt support yet... The suggested solution back then was to turn off any animations in the options (if you can), although no one reported back if this worked or not... worth a shot tho

3. Elbe

Elbe Junior Member

thank you for answering, it's very anoying me ;)

So actually im using partypoker and pokertracker ? is pokertracker using open gl anyway?

hope the parallels guys don't mind another thread to a poker topic :)

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  4. Emgee

Emgee Bit poster

Other poker software...

I am not sure where best to post this, but I have been using both poker stars and ultimate bet with parallels on my mac book pro. I found that ultimate bet crashed the vm often, but after I turned the sound off, this does not happen anymore.

I have had poker stars crash the vm, very annoying when you get heads up in a tournament!

I is mostly stable, but will sometimes crash, I get back in asap, and it will most likely crash again after a little while.

It seems better after a complete reboot of my mac... for a while at least

mg

5. smj

smj Bit poster

i use party poker with the holdem genius and get a crash about every 2-3 hours on average.
    never have any other problems with parallels - only when i'm playing poker

do people think it's more to do with the poker software itself or the additional software we run with them e.g. the odds calculators that automatically watch the game?

6. Elbe

Elbe Junior Member

smj, had the same but since i am only running the pp software and shut off the animations off the chips/cards, it's not mor than once a day a crash.

7. LorenFinkelstein

LorenFinkelstein Member

Even running just a bare windows install (with antivirus, of course) and just pokerstars without any additional software, still get the crash. I did turn off animation. Didn't help.

8. nsayer

nsayer Member

Pokerstars

I run P* under parallels pretty regularly and never have any trouble with it except that the sound doesn't work very well. I prefer Full Tilt because they have a native mac client. If you google around, aparently P* is working on a mac client too, and Absolute has a java aplet that works in Safari (but not for tournaments yet).

P* in Coherence is pretty nice, actually.