Beta Forum Help Requested

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by spetznatz, May 13, 2007.

1. spetznatz

spetznatz Hunter

Sorry to bring this up here...

I'm a beta tester, but I can't get onto the beta forum -- says I don't have sufficient privileges.

e-mailed the support link in the beta announcement e-mail -- got the following message bounced back to me:

Title: Could not load a valid user

"RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does not allow
    for the creation of a new user for your email."

I'd really appreciate some help on this, because I'm not loading the beta without access to support, and I only have until Tuesday to install the beta (going away Wed.)

2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

There's a Beta? I thought we were all Beta testers...

lol

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i guess you didnt read the bit at the bottom of the email about waiting up to 3 days for forums membership to be activated.?!

4. ajay

ajay Hunter

I already emailed him about that.

5. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

I am on 3188 is there a higher number ?

Hugh W

6. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

3188 is released code. Betas after build 3188 require registering for the beta program. You are not guaranteed membership. Hopefully it means the quality of the beta program is greatly improved. There's a link in the Support tab of the navigation menu at the top of this page. Beta discussions are restricted to their own forum. Hadn't you noticed the big drop in noise here lately?

7. NoBackUp

NoBackUp Bit poster

well looks like you did not read the whole email..disclosure in the public domain usually means banning from beta programs... oooooooopppppppppppssssssssss.........:eek:

and telling the world usually means.... no more beta...tester for u....

:p

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  8. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

agreeeeeeed

9. wesley

wesley Pro

The first rule of fight club is that you don't talk about fight club.

10. simplicity

simplicity Member

No Surprises Here.

Well, if you can read between the lines you'd know there was a private beta. One example would be the private beta signup form on the public site. Doh!

I made a decision NOT to sign up for the beta just so I could come in here and yell at Ben for promising a new beta release featuring the 3-D functionality by the end of last April and then locking it up (spoke to him in person at MacWorld when he made that commitment.) I understand the reasoning behind it but it does seem a bit of a slap. (Actually I didn't sign up for the beta because I couldn't honestly commit the time they are asking for to test it.) Now if the beta could be run side by side with the release, well that would be something...

NO BETA FOR YOU! COME BACK ONE YEAR!

11. slimemold

slimemold Hunter

This is why software companies don't like to announce release dates.

Personally, I value speculative release date announcements for what they are: an at-the-moment best guess. And it tells you a lot. What it doesn't tell you is that the product will be, for sure, released on that date.

So it makes me sad when someone does announce a release date, and then when it slips, people like the above poster for whatever reason decides to take it as a personal offense.

Way to make them clam up.

Just take a speculative release date as what it is; the best guess by the ones in-the-know at that moment in time, and know that it will change some time later.

If you're smart, flawed information is better than no information.