Please help Parallels and Vista 32 Home

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mohanman, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mohanman

mohanman Bit poster

Hey guys,
    I am new to parallels. I like it so far. The only problem I am having is that if I leave the computer on with parallels in coherence mode, the computer wont go into standby!? Does anyone know what I can do. I set vista to the middle of the road power setting (equal), then I have mac os x sleep in 15 minutes, but it doesnt!

Thanks
    MO!

2. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

FYI, due to Microsoft's regulations and EULA, users cannot install Windows Vista Home Edition and Windows Vista Home Premium on any kind of virtual hardware, which of course includes Parallels Desktop's virtual machines.. You need Vista ultimate or Business.

3. mohanman

mohanman Bit poster

So do you think that changing the software to the ones mentioned (ultimate) would change the fact that I cant go into standby with parallels running, and why parallels crashes so much?

if it doesnt explain that, I want my money back until parallels actually works

Mo

4. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

i loe it when people demand their money back..
    Maybe you should have tried the trial before you purchased... ?

as for your problem.. Does OS X write anything to the console log or the system.log ??
    Might help to shed some light on the situation.

5. wingdo

wingdo Pro

People drive me crazy. They go out and don't bother trying the 30 day free trial of something, then they install something which violates the law (Vista Home and MS's EULA) then they bitch if something does not work for them.

I'm not sure this is going to help you any, but ....... I am running Parallels, and have been since fall of '06. I've got XP SP2 in a VM and Vista Business in another VM. My MBP goes to sleep just fine. Is it because I am using Vista Business instead of Vista Home? Probably not, but I can't tell you for sure. Who's to say MS hasn't done stuff to the code of the Home editions to make them not operate as you would expect under a VM?

6. mohanman

mohanman Bit poster

I tried the trial with xp, it only lasts 30 days, you cant TRY IT AGAIN!. I am asking how to get it to work with vista 32-bit. Ohh.. ITS ILLEGAL.. well whoopie freakin doo

Dont help if you are going to be rude, go back to bear bellied life sitting on computers all day.
    Mo

Please abstain from using insulting speech in your posts or your forum account will be suspended.//Ankou

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007
  7. mmulin

mmulin Member

at least you still can provide us with the relevant system log files from macosx.

<<"i saw a bird fall out of the sky. why? - did you examine the bird? - no">>

8. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

you didnt answer my question about logs.. and if you want a trial longer than 30 days.. sign up with a different email address.... you'll get another key....

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2007
  9. Pibus

Pibus Bit poster

If I'm not mistaken, Vista DVD comes with all versions in it. And to install any of these, you don't even need to enter any number : I didn't when I tryed Vista, from my borther's DVD, on my Mac.
    And if you already tried Vista, just create a new VM.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  10. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

EULA is freakin stupid! Micro$oft just wants more money from the people who uses VMs. It's pretty simple. That's all I have to say about that.

Yeah, go into your OSX and your Parallels logs and see what they say.

11. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.