ParallelsToolsCenter.exe gone wild

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by goochrules, Apr 25, 2007.

1. goochrules

goochrules Bit poster

I am running Windows XP on Parallels for Mac 3188 on a 2.16 ghz iMac w/ 2gb of ram.

After applying Apple security update 2007-004 I have noticed that ParallelsToolsCenter.exe is consuming nearly 100% of windows' CPU (in Windows Task Manager), and 100%+ of the iMac's (in Activity Monitor).

I notice this seems to happen shortly after I drag a file to or from the OS X desktop to the Windows desktop. Also, this operation does not always succeed on the first try, that is, the drag works, but the drop results in no file on the target desktop.

If I kill ParallelsToolsCenter.exe things appear to return to normal, but of course, what ever it was handling now no longer works.

I've searched the forum here and have noticed others describing similar problems (i.e., the guest os running slowly/stalling), but have not seen any remedy.

Any Ideas?

2. ebruchez

ebruchez Bit poster

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. It is quite irritating. Can anybody from Parallels comment on this?

-Erik

3. ericb

ericb Bit poster

I'm experiencing the same problem. ParallelsToolsCenter.exe is consuming 99% of the CPU according to both the Apple Activity monitor and the Windows Task Manager.

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Have you tried going into the OSX disk utility and doing "repair permissions"?