Session 3 Initalization Errors

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Tyland1200, May 18, 2007.

1. Tyland1200

Tyland1200 Parallels Team

Hey there, I have a few customers reporting a "Session 3 Initalization Error" when booting up the guestOS (WIN XP) They are getting the blue screen of death after that. hay anyone seen this? what is it? and how did you overcome it without reloading the OS and messing with the HDD files?

Please advise.

Tyland

2. Tyland1200

Tyland1200 Parallels Team

Updated from Tyland

Customer got this error in the the file:

D:/i386/asms.error message. the device is not ready

Please advise.

Tyland

3. constant

constant Forum Maven

If you really are part of the Parallels team, why don't you just send an internal email?

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Have you tried a repair install?
    Is the bootdisc on drive D?

5. JMAN123

JMAN123 Bit poster

I also ran into this issue while I was trying to install Parallels for a friend of mine (3188 build), with the same error. Looking around, this error seems to relate to a problem with the physical disc drive not being liked by the Windows installation.

My attempt to fix the issue worked, so I'll provide what I used and hope it helps you as well:

After inserting the Windows XP disc into the disc drive, open disk utility under Mac OS X, select the image of the disc in the list on the left-hand side (the second one, which is the mounted disc and is underneath the first disc icon from the cd/dvd drive). Go under File>New>Disk image from "Disk name" (last selection option in the menu dropdown). Save it as "Disk name" wherever you wish, and make sure to select Image format as DVD/CD write master, no encryption.

After that process is complete, you have a virtual copy of your install disc, so eject the physical CD before you do the Parallels installation of Windows XP. Double click to mount the image before you begin to install Parallels/Windows XP. When you are installing and must select the installation source, select the image as your source. Hopefully, the installation should proceed normally, and afterward, if you are so inclined, can delete the image from your computer.

-Good Luck