Network timeout - build 3170

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by shannonadams68, May 23, 2007.

1. shannonadams68

shannonadams68 Bit poster

Running Parallels Desktop for Mac - Build 3170. When I telnet into a machine from the Windows telnet program (from within Parallels), the connection disconnects after about ten minutes. However, I can immediately reconnect. This does not happen when I telnet into the same machine from the Mac. Is there some timeout setting or something else that could be causing this in Parallels? Everyone running Parallels in our organization is having the same issue.

Thanks,
    Shannon

2. BeProf

BeProf Bit poster

That sounds similar to the issue I was having with an Oracle 8i driver in build 3188.

Have you tried setting the VM to "host-only" networking and turning on internet sharing?

You'll have to turn the firewall off as well.

3. shannonadams68

BeProf:

Thanks for the reply. I just turned off the Windows firewall. Not sure show to set the VM to "host-only" networking. Will you please let me know how to get to that setting?

4. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

shannonadams68,

First, please check what kind of network mode you have set for the VM (just click on the "Network Adapter" in the VM configuration window). Try both Bridged and Shared Networking and see if any of that modes solves the problem. You can also try to set VM to the Host-Only network mode and set up the Mac OS Internet Sharing the following way:
    1. Go to System Preferences, open "Sharing".
    2. Click on the "Internet" tab.
    3. In the "Share your connection from" box select your Mac network connection type.
    4. Check "Ethernet Adaptor (en2)" in the list below. Make sure that all other options in that list are not checked.
    5. Click "Start" button - now Internet Sharing should be working, check your VM connection.

5. shannonadams68

Thanks, spectre. Changing the emulation to Bridged Ethernet fixed the problem.