Star Wars: The Old Republic - Issues with Parallels Desktop 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kingtiki, Jan 10, 2012.

1. kingtiki

kingtiki Bit poster

Hello. I currently run SWTOR on my Parallels Desktop 7 on a fairly new Imac.
    I know some of these issues have been talked about on these forums but I am curious whether an update to fix this issue will come about.

Major Issues:
    left-click mouse for camera movement is uncontrollable. The camera twirls around with the slightest movement giving me no control what so ever.

right-click mouse sometimes disappears and gets locked. Which means I dont have to press down the right-click and the in-game camera will move from just mouse movement only.

Minor Issue:
    Mouse 4 & 5 do not seem to work. In fact, this is off-topic but my Mouse 4 and 5 do not work at all. For example going back and forward when browsing websites. I use a Logitech G500 Mouse. I got SetPoint but it is currently bugged as the "Tools" tab is the only option I get.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. Silverscreen

Silverscreen Bit poster

I have the same problem with the mad camera movements under SWTOR (Win 7, PD 7). It affects both the trackpad and the mouse (razer naga). The only workaround for me : I set the mouse to be seen only by Windows. As soon as it is no longer shared with Mac OS X, it works fine.

3. DitkaFan85

DitkaFan85 Bit poster

@Silverscreen

How do I set my mouse to only be seen my Windows? I also have a razer naga and I have been unable to figure out how to do that.

4. kingtiki

kingtiki Bit poster

I have a logitech g500 and I too am curious how you set the mouse to be only seen by Windows.

5. kingtiki

kingtiki Bit poster

Okay I think I figured it out. Go inside parallel's configurations - The button which looks like a gear. Once inside click "Advanced" and turn SmartMouse "Off". By default I believe the SmartMouse is put to "auto". Once that is off, the camera movement in SWTOR should be stable.

Im using Windows 7 with Parallels Desktop 7

6. eljumbo

eljumbo Bit poster

Hi,

I've PD7 and win7 and of course, swtor :)

I've an mx518, and i still can't used my 4 and 5 buttons ... i've tested some tricks, but none work actually..

But for my looking mouvement, it's ok ...

Any ideas?

7. dekard

dekard Junior Member

I have disabled smartmouse and turned off optimize modifier for games turned down my mouse sensitivity settings in Windows and it's helped crazy camera mode but it's still very sensitive if I right click or left click and move my mouse it does still go crazy just not nearly as fast and it's parallels because it works great in Bootcamp.

8. kazzcioom

kazzcioom Bit poster

I also use WIN7 and have this problem,anyone can help?You know the xbrowsergames website? good, this website is now becoming increasingly popular because it offers latest browser games and online mmorpg games 2013.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012