Copy and paste from windows to mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Brian Williams, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Brian Williams

Brian Williams Bit poster

what is the best way for me to copy & paste from Windows to Word for Mac?

Thanks in advance

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Are you copying from word in windows?

3. Brian Williams

Brian Williams Bit poster

No. I am trying to copy from a program that uses an MS Windows format but am attempting to copy into Mac Word.

Thanks

4. lem

lem Bit poster

Can someone answer this question? I'm having the same problem myself. I need to copy and paste from QuickBooks on my Windows Desktop into Word on my Mac OS.

Thanks,

Andy

5. Phuong

Phuong Bit poster

there's not a way to do that quickly yet.
    i save the copied contents on a shared folder and open it from Finder

6. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Mine just works.

7. Resolver

Resolver Member

Hello ! I think copy /paste will work well and without problems once Parallels 3188 build installed and Parallels Tools are installed also...

8. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Go into your windows application. Highlight the text that you want to copy. In the windows dropdown menu, select edit/copy.

In the Mac application, say WORD, open the application. Position the cursor where you want to place the copied text. In the Word drop down menu, select edit/paste.

9. lem

lem Bit poster

Thanks guys for the help guys!

10. lem

lem Bit poster

That did not work. It just keeps copying and pasting whatever the last thing was that I copied in Mac.

I need a solution soon, this is pretty vital to my business. I have to copy address's from quickbooks into Word on my Mac so that I can create envelopes. Its not just one envelope, its like 150 so copying and pasting is pretty necessary.

Thanks,

Andy

11. David5000

David5000 Pro

Here is what I do:

Go to Customers>Customer Center>. Select (highlight) Billing Address. Copy Billing Address with Control + C. Insert cursor in Word document and paste Billing Address with Command (Apple key) + V.

If there is a way to display a list of all customer contact information/customer address book in QB, that can undoubtedly be exported to a .csv file you can open in OS X. I haven't had time to find that but if I do I will post it.

David

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo, OS 10.4.9
    Parallels Desktop 3188
    Windows XP Pro SP 2
    QuickBooks 2007 for Windows
    Office 2004 for Mac

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  12. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

This feature should work for you.

I would recommend that you make sure you are on 3188. Then go into Windows add/remove programs. Then remove Parallels Tools.
    Reboot the VM. Now use the Parallels Actions dropdown menu to reinstall Parallels Tools. Carefully review any options that deal with copy/paste and make sure it is enabled.

I don't have Quickbooks, but I tested copy/paste in Quicken and it works. You might try opening a notepad session in Windows and do a copy/paste from there to Mac. It could be an anomaly in Quickbooks.

13. wesley

wesley Pro

You know, I had this problem one day, and it went away after rebooting the VM. I still don't know what caused it to happen in the first place.

14. slschramm

slschramm Bit poster

Copy Paste problem with MapPoint

I'm having the same problems with copy/paste. I'm using Microsoft MapPoint in Windows XP, trying to use the "copy map" function to copy the map into my Mac version of PowerPoint. No dice. MapPoint tells me I have a large amount of data posted to the clipboard, but nothing comes through when I try to copy it to my Mac system. In both Parallels Tools and Powerpoint for Mac, the clipboard shows empty.

I'm using: Parallels build 3188
    Windows XP SP2
    OSX 10.4.9
    iMac 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
    512MB memory reserved for VM

I tried the suggestion of uninstalling, then re-installing Parallels tools and that did not help.