Can't install Win XP SP2 update.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by junketer, May 27, 2007.

1. junketer

junketer Junior Member

After many problems I finally got Win XP installed! However, I needed to download & install the SP2 update for it (as it is a 2002 version) but whenever I try to install it it only gets about a third of the way through & an "update.exe - Application Error" comes up & the installation has to be terminated. How do i get it installed? Anyone else had this problem?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or whether I should be talking to Microsoft Windows people or even Apple people? Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

2. Fing

Fing Bit poster

I have installed the sp2 update successfully. What i did was to download the complete 266MB update on a windows box, then burn this to cd, i then started Parallels/xp and installed the update from the cd. and all worked......

hope this helps.
    Cheers

3. junketer

junketer Junior Member

Thanks for that Fing. I ended up ringing Microsoft support for help & they said to try downloading it manually form the Microsoft Download page rather than doing it through Windows Update, so I tried it & the installation was successful.