How to disable disk check on WinXPboot

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Scott, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Scott

Scott Bit poster

Hi all,

I'm a die hard Mac user and haven't really touched a PC in over a decade. I use Parallels for Windows based web browsers to test web designs and fix issues accordingly and that's really all I use it for.

Each time I boot WinXP Pro (SP2) with Parallels I get a screen asking for a disk check because the C: drive is formatted as FAT32. I must then hit a key to skip this disk check. I do, each and every time, and things proceed well.

Is there anyway around this automated disk check screen so that it doesn't want to check the disk at every boot? I'm assuming this is an adjustment inside the Windows environment and not directly related to Parallels.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. DotNetGuy

DotNetGuy Member

Sounds like you're not shutting down cleanly. Make sure you let that check complete once, so that that drive is marked clean, and let the OS fully shut down (i.e., using the Start menu in Windows, not the Off button in Parallels).

3. dirk@hohndel.org

dirk@hohndel.org Member

DoNetGuy is corrcet - you're not shutting down XP cleanly. I consistently have the same in b5 since it always crashes when shutting down XP. B6 fixes that, but of course it brings with it the networking issues that have been discussed here at length (and then there's the hotfix release of half an hour ago that I still have to try...)

4. Scott

Scott Bit poster

Thanks guys. Seems I had a bad install of Mozilla as well. Letting check disk sit for an hour + seems to have fixed the issue,. I'll be certain to shutdown the VM properly at all times now.