Using Parallels and ACT!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by CarolC, Jul 20, 2006.

1. CarolC

CarolC Bit poster

My company has just switched to ACT! database software and I am the only Mac user in the office. Rather than lugging two laptops, I am considering buying a new MacBook Pro and using Parallels.

Has anyone had any experience running ACT! with Parallels? Any conflicts? Any networking issues?

Thanks for any available counsel.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  2. constant

constant Forum Maven

I thought that I remembered someone talking about ACT once, but a search revealed otherwise.

Given enough memory, for both host and guest at the same time, it should work fine.

3. Copilot

Copilot Member

Act! Works

CarolC,

I've been using Parallels for a few months now. Threw everything at it and so far have not found any program that doesn't run in Parallels, except 3D games.

Act! works great, Quickbooks works great, Office works great.....

4. PeDaSp

PeDaSp Bit poster

5. jmilo

jmilo Bit poster

Act! 2005

My company just gave me a Macbook Pro with Parallels. I've been having a hard time with Act 2005 - it seems to hose the XP pro SP2 VM. Freezes completely on the Act! startup splash screen. I'll mess with it, a newer version of Act! would probably help

6. GregA

GregA Junior Member

We use ACT! no problems.
    It's a version a few years old - not the latest.

ACT!'s email integration is a bit of a hassle - since we have to setup email in Parallels (outlook express) in addition to the Mac email. Otherwise all good.