Sorry I ever heard of this garbage

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by NeverUseThisGarbage, Feb 8, 2012.

1. NeverUseThisGarbage

NeverUseThisGarbage Bit poster

Supposedly Parallels "allows other operating systems to run within Mac OS in self-contained virtual machines". This is an outright lie and I am sorry I ever heard of this piece of garbage they call a program.

I want to be able to run a standalone self-contained windows desktop within my mac. Something that won't touch my mac install, and will be totally disposable, I can delete the VM file from my mac that that particular windows is gone without a trace.

Instead what I got was a magic windows "start" parallel button that lets me launch windows apps. Even when I exit that crap they call coherence to get the windows desktop in a window I wanted, I see my mac desktop on the windows desktop. It sure as hell doesn't seem standalone. To make matters worse they add parallels windows garbage all over my mac. There's a folder in my mission control, files all over. Do I have to reinstall my mac to clean the parallels crap from it?

I guess the only silver lining is I used a trial version so I'm not out $80, but I'm more upset about what this garbage has done to my mac than I would be about the money.

The reason I dumped windows is to get away from garbage apps that install worse than a virus, that's why I want self-contained windows in the first place. I sure as hell don't want an app like this that ties in all over the system. I'd rather just stick with boot camp and reinstall windows every few months.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

VM Configuration>Options>Security>Isolate Mac from Windows

You can have it either way, integrated or isolated.
    Check the User Guide next time.

3. PatrickJ

PatrickJ Member

When you created the VM, it asked you "How do you want your programs to work?" with options being A. Like a Mac, B. Like a PC. There are 2 fancy pictures with clear descriptions of the options. Looks like you didn't read the dialog before clicking next.

Also, as you chose A. Like A Mac, when you delete your VM file (as simple as dragging to the trash), Parallels automatically removes the start menu shortcuts for you.