Parallels 3

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Hiohokaybye, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Hiohokaybye

Hiohokaybye Junior Member

Does anybody know when Parallels 3 is coming out... the one that will support 3d graphic..:confused:

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

The last word was "later this year".

3. Hiohokaybye

Hiohokaybye Junior Member

i love ure reply dude that rly helps me... nothing for the answer...

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

What???

5. Trekkie

Trekkie Bit poster

Anyone else see the e-mail saying there's an upgrade to 3.0 coming soon for a fee? is this real?

6. Olivier

Olivier Forum Maven

7. DaveGee

DaveGee Bit poster

- Free for those who are under a maintenance contract (something you pay an extra cost for and usually purchased for site-licenses).

- Free for those who purchased Parallels within the last month (I think).

- All other (v2.x owners) pay $49 for the upgrade...

- Buy your upgrade before June 7th (I think) they take $10 of the upgrade price (39 instead of 49).

- Full price is 79 (I think)

Linky: http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/upgrade/

I just purchased my upgrade... I was quite happy with the additional (free) features they gave to us in v2.5 and while I don't expect it, I'm kinda hoping to see something similar when 3.5 gets rolled out. I'm very happy with the product and the company and have every intention to support them. Good companies are hard to find.

Dave

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  8. Jisi

Jisi Member

Ok, bought it yesterday. I really do hope the improved the USB support. Anyway I also baought my original Parallels license before it was officially released, and it wasn't a bad deal.

I'm for one wouldn't really need 3D Support, but it's a nice addon anyways. I have a question to you beta testers regarding this: Are Win9x 3D drivers included in Parallels tools? Because, even though I suppose the 3D perormance isn't all that good, it would be ideal for older Windows games which might have problems with WinXP, and the 3D performance should be sufficient for such old games (as long as you don't try a GLIDE wrapper :) )

9. ernie

ernie Member

So whens the thing actually available, I know you can pre-pay have done that, all I want to do is actually try it!!