Windows install will not complete, PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mlbfan10, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mlbfan10

mlbfan10 Bit poster

Windows install will not complete

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows Vista thru version 7 and the install will complete all the way until it says "completing installation" and then it just sits there and does nothing. Any one know what I need to do? Thanks for help!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Using capital letters and the word 'help', besides being annoying, doesn't improve your chances of getting your problem solved.
    What improves your chances is giving relevant information like how much time have you waited, a screenshot, etc...

3. mlbfan10

mlbfan10 Bit poster

I've waited over 2 hours and it just sits there saying completing installation. Looks like my thread got your attention. Its okay you can think I'm a noob and don't know anything since I'm just asking for help. Why do you need a screenshot you know what the Windows Vista installation looks like? I don't have any error mesasges or anything just sits and sits. I'm going to try to migrate it next.

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Ok, I'll let somebody else 'help' you, then. This is not how I roll.

5. mlbfan10

mlbfan10 Bit poster

If you can't take it don't be a dick in the first place...Thanks for all your help.

6. StuartGK

StuartGK Bit poster

Try doing a general search for 'vista installation does not complete' on google as there are a lot of similar problems with Windows in general, not a problem with parallels installations.

Various solutions include removing additional hardware, and making sure you put the drivers disk in at the correct point during the installation to complete Vista install otherwise it just unhelpfully stops without telling you what is wrong!

Been a while since I installed Win 7, but I think there is a drivers disk you create to correctly install the touchpad/ sound cards etc.. have a look into this if you haven't done it already.

Hope this helps a bit more than the previous posts!

7. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

Hello mlbfan10,

If you are still unable to install Windows, please see the following Knowledge Base article regarding the issue http://kb.parallels.com/112940

8. mlbfan10

mlbfan10 Bit poster

Thank you very much, I'm using the .iso method now because my disc has a few scratches.