Parallels and Alcohol 52%?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Paul Linden, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Paul Linden

Paul Linden Member

I've been trying to get some of my old PC games up and running (well ... I can't think of what else I'd use Windows for) but have been having trouble with Civ III, which can't find the CD in the drive even though I start it from the CDROM.

I thought I would try to get around any CDROM problems by using a CDROM disk image created and mounted inside Alcohol 52% (I do this with games on my PC laptop for when I have to travel, it avoids having to carry CDROMs around - I'm not pirating them, and although I might be on shaky ground legally, I personally think making a backup is fair use, but IANAL.).

But when I try to create a virtual drive in Alcohol 52%, I get the message "SCSI/RAID Host Controller cannot be stopped ... " and there is no drive on which to mount the disk image. Has anyone on this forum or in Parallels tried using Alcohol 52% or 120%?

2. robertcerny

robertcerny Bit poster

Yeah, me. Doesn't work.

3. Siker

Siker Junior Member

I tried it too. Doesn't work. Neither does Daemon tools. They both seem to use a similar technique with a fake SCSI device which doesn't seem to work. Meanwhile, Windows XP keeps asking me if I want to reboot to finish installing the device, which doesn't help.