An Open Letter to Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Tony Carreon, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Tony Carreon

Tony Carreon Hunter

Look anywhere on the web today and you'll see the news: Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) Developer Build was released today.

Was I surprised to find that Parallels does not work on ML? Absolutely not. I (and most of the community) realize it's pre-release software and Parallels does not support pre-release software. We get it.

But remember back to the release of Lion's developer builds and what a debacle that was trying to get Parallels running. You towed the line well - no support on pre-release software. You didn't give an inch.

You have eight months, give or take, to get Parallels running. You know ML is available now. You know it will be available to the general public this year. I assume you have a MDP membership. If not, get one and get busy. Give us a few beta releases. Let us help you with finding problems and bugs. Don't shut us out.

Some of us require Windows, Linux or even additional OS X installations. Even though we live and breathe OS X, we also work with other platforms. Some of us need to make sure our software works well with the upcoming versions of OS X / iOS and it is extremely time-consuming and unproductive to swap out hard drives when we need Parallels.

I purchased Parallels the day it launched. I have dutifully upgraded to every version when it came out. I have watched as my friends and co-workers jumped ship to VMWare. Don't give me any more impetus to follow them.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  2. eweber

eweber Bit poster

Ditto! I upgraded to mountain lion.. I require parallels to run windows 7 daily. Help us out please.

3. Sami6sto

Sami6sto Bit poster

I need Parallels for 10.8

Please, give us something to get Parallels to work with Mountain Lion. Soon...