lsass.exe system error over and over

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by nategold, May 30, 2007.

1. nategold

nategold Member

After installing the latest QuickTime and iTunes updates for windows, I know get a lsass.exe system error - An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function. When I close this it reboots and I get the same thing and can never get to Windows.

Somebody HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

"lsass.exe" is the Local Security Authentication Server. It verifies the validity of user logons to your PC/Server. It generates the process responsible for authenticating users for the Winlogon service. This process is performed by using authentication packages such as the default Msgina.dll. If authentication is successful, Lsass generates the user's access token, which is used to launch the initial shell. Other processes that the user initiates inherit this token.

Also read this

3. nategold

nategold Member

So what do I do short of reinstalling everything? This link is not helpful. I do not believe I have a virus, since I rarely do anything with Parallels, keep Windows updated to the latest, and never download anything. This only happened after the updates to QuickTime and iTunes.

4. Ankou

Ankou Guest

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

run a system restore and roll back to before you installed Quicktime and Itunes.. then reinstall them, if it does it again.. dont reinstall them...

6. nategold

nategold Member

And how do I do a system restore if I cannot even boot into Windows?

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

you cant boot safe mode either ?

8. nategold

nategold Member

No I cannot. I just keep getting this error.

9. nategold

nategold Member

I bit the bullet and reinstalled everything. It was not pretty and took a long time.