Question about upgrade

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mmurray, Jun 1, 2007.

1. mmurray

mmurray Member

Hi

I paid for five upgrades earlier in the day and just got an email from Parallels saying:

---------------------------------
    Dear Michael Murray,

Thank you for upgrading to Parallels Desktop for Mac 3.0! Parallels will
    email you your upgrade key for Parallels Desktop 3.0 as soon as it’s
    released. To use your 3.0 activation key, you must have already activated
    Parallels Desktop 2.5. Your 3.0 activation key will not activate 2.5.

YOUR UPGRADE ACTIVATION KEY:
    [5 keys followed after this]
    ----------------------------------

So I got five keys with that email -- why will I be be getting more when 3 comes out -- or is this just a mistake in the email ?

Also I bought two of those five copies of 2.5 from a local distributor after May 1 -- is it
    possible to get a refund on two of the five upgrades I've bought or is it to late for that. They aren't registered with Parallels so I won't get an automatic email out.

Thanks - Michael

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  2. twynne

twynne Hunter

Must admit I was confused by that as well, though I've already activated my current version so I just disregarded it. You could read it as though the keys are to activate your current version (2.x) if you haven't already, and that additional keys will be provided for 3.x.

It's not the best wording....

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Keep those 5 keys to activiate your upgrade when you download it after it is released.

4. mmurray

mmurray Member

Hi

Thanks for the reply. That was what I figured. The wording about keys coming when the upgrade was released confused me. I guess it is just incorrect wording.

Regards - Michael