Parallels Server for Mac virtualizing Lion

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by kiwi66, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kiwi66

kiwi66 Bit poster

Parallels desktop does run on lion and does virtualize lion.
    Parallels server for Machowever is still stuck in the middle age and has not been updated since over a year.
    It's time for action.

2. RahulR

RahulR Bit poster

3. kiwi66

kiwi66 Bit poster

not relevant

The link is not relevant as it refers to Parallels DESKTOP. I know Lion works on the DESKTOP.
    However we need Parallels _SERVER_ for mac. Don't really want to have to log in and launch the app manually to then see 90 screens popping up and not being able to administer it from remote.

4. JohnJohnD

JohnJohnD Bit poster

Any update on this?

I'm looking for an answer to the same question as kiwi66; it's now three months later and still nothing but silence about virtualizing Lion 10.7 client using Parallels SERVER for Mac (please don't confuse this with regular Parallels for Mac). I understand that Apple's previous EULA for 10.6 and lower legally prevented this, but Apple's EULA for Lion client permits it, so this restriction should be lifted.

What's the holdup?

5. kiwi66

kiwi66 Bit poster

its even worse. Desktop by today is virtualizing 10.8 already while the server is still stuck with 10.6.8... its not a licensing issue (10.7 or 10.7 server is minor difference these days). In our case I paid 1000 times more than desktop version's value and I get no support for over 8 months now. Still the old version, No update, no bugfixes even though we have filed multiple critical bugreports.

It's time to drop parallels and use something which works. Worst support ever

6. emteek

emteek Bit poster

The lack of the ability to run Lion is the only thing stopping my company from purchasing and deploying Parallels Server for Mac