Upgrade to Desktop v6 from v4

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TrudyM, Mar 13, 2012.

1. TrudyM

TrudyM Bit poster

Hi,

I run a mac 10.5.8 and Parallels desktop (PD) v4.

I missed the "upgrade to PDv6" at a special price but now want to upgrade. I can't find how to purchase PDv6 on the website. The 'buy' page only gives me the option for PDv7. I don't want to run this as I am not using OS Lion.

1. Where can I buy PDv6 from on the Parallels website?
    2. Am I right in thinking I can't upgrade from PD4 to PD7?
    3. Can I run PD7 on 10.5.8?

Thanks.

2. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

Hello Trudy,

We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac, which is version 7. We no longer sell Parallels Desktop 6 on our website. If you would like to purchase it, you could probably find it from one of our resellers, such as on Amazon.com.

When you purchase Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac, you will need to purchase a Full Activation Key. When you do, you still will however be able to migrate your VM's via the migration tool.

With regard to your Mac OS version; Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac requires Mac OS X Lion 10.7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or later, or Mac OS X Leopard v10.5.8 or later. For more information you can see all of the System Requirements here http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/system-requirements/.