Major issue...parallels basically not working anymore

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Matth3w, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Matth3w

Matth3w Bit poster

So before I was running parallels with zero issues. I have it installed with Windows 7 starter. I only use Windows for a few work related things that require internet explorer and a CAC reader and lotus forms viewer which doesn't work on a Mac. I run Parallels in coherence. Lately when I start up Parallels it launches coherence (allegedly) but then just displays the Windows task bar at the bottom, just above the mac dock, and absolutely nothing else. None of the Windows programs work, and I can't actually get it into coherence mode anymore.

Suggestions?

I've uploaded a screen shot to show you what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

2. AndrewC55

AndrewC55 Junior Member

Try this

Have you got a back up of everything I use a cloning tool got me out of a few scraps also try reinstalling parallels and get the new update I know it's a pain try a clean install of windows.
    When I've been stuck I've used my clone tool Carbon copy cloner and copied the back-up from that and I can tell you it works you might also have a time machine copy or contact support if u have any.
    I hope this helps you and ccc is free by the way for next time when you get every thing running again.

3. strells

strells Product Expert

I think you're in Crystal Mode, which is a form of Coherence. You should be able to access everything from the Parallels menulet in the menu bar on the right. You can turn off Crystal Mode in the Coherence preferences in the VM configuration.

Steve