Putting Parallels Icon in Menu

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by darksider9, Jan 26, 2012.

1. darksider9

darksider9 Bit poster

Hi All,

I just started using Parallels, and I have to say I really like it. The only problem that I currently have is after installation, there is no Icon in the Menu area. I run Uubuntu 10.04, and you would expect like all virtualization software if would go under "System Tools," but no such luck. So my current workaround, is open the file that is attached to the VM that I want to work with. Any idea how I can get it in the Menu area? Any help is much appreciated.

Darksider

2. adelisab

adelisab Junior Member

Hi

thanks for feedback that you like parallel,really its a good product ..
    could you follw below steps

First: In Configure under the Virtual Machine menu, go to your virtual machine options, and disable share windows applications with mac.
    Quit Parallels
    Open Finder, and navigate to the Applications folder on your hard drive.
    Find the Parallels Desktop icon, right click, then send to menu or desktop from there you can drag to menu .

[​IMG]

3. Robertjm

Robertjm Member

If you've upgraded to the Unity desktop, it's easy. When you've got PW running look for the icon on the Unity toolbar. Right click on it and then select "lock to launcher" (or whatever the exact terminology is).

If you're using the traditional Gnome desktop, here's an online tutorial that's pretty straight forward. You may need to use a generic icon with Lucid.

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2010/06/addrestore-popular-desktop-icons-ubuntu-10-04-lucid-lynx/

Hope that helps,

Robert