Parallels Tool Installation Agent Error

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by kevinw, Mar 15, 2012.

1. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

I just updated my system to Build 7.0.15055 and when it restarted I get an error box message when Parallel Tools tries to update.

"There was a problem updating Parallels Tools = Please restart Windows and try again. If this doesn't hep click here for more troubleshooting solutions"

Unfortunately the hyper text "here" only takes you to knowledge base in general and a search does not bring anything relevant.

Prior to this upgrade the system worked fine.

Running Windows 7 Pro, 32 Bit, Uptodate. On a iMac 10.7.3

Suggestions on how tol solve very much welcomed.

2. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Okay I figured it out. Seems I was also getting a Virtual memory error as well, Pagefile too small. Weird bit I traced that to the fact my Virtual Disk had only a few MB's left size wize. So I increased the size about 15 GB's restarted and PT installed fine and the Pagefile error went away as well.

3. WilliamPaul

WilliamPaul Member

It is nice to hear from you that you have figured it out by yourself

4. thewad71

thewad71 Bit poster

Would you mind posting instructions on how to do this. I think I have the same problem after the last update.

5. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

With your Virtual HD closed go to the Parallels menu and select Virtual Machines/Configure/Hardware and then select Hard Disk. There it will show current size of Virtual HD. Select Size and increase to what you need. I wouldn't get too crazy though.

6. thewad71

thewad71 Bit poster

Sounds simple, but when my virtual machine is closed, I don't see any menu anywhere. Thoughts?

7. YanaYana

YanaYana

You need to Start PD but don't start the virtual machine. Right click PD icon in dock and open Virtual Machines list. In this list click on the machine you need to configure but do not start it - just make it open VM windows for you - it should be still in STOPPED state

8. thewad71

thewad71 Bit poster

Well I increased the size of the hard disk, and it still stops out at 24% when trying to install Parallels tools. I never had an issue until after this last update and can't figure it out. Extremely frustrated.

9. YanaYana

YanaYana

10. thewad71

thewad71 Bit poster

I found that link using Google before I started posting and no luck. I went to the page for Parallels 7. I can't uninstall the tools (even with the virtual machine closed) as it gives me a runtime error. The directions to reinstall aren't that clear. What iso file within the library would I have to run?

If I just wait for the next update, will that possibly fix the problem created with the last update? Does your company do something like screen sharing where a tech could try fixing this problem?

11. YanaYana

YanaYana

Of course - Forum is not an official support channel - open Support request and Tech Support Engineers would help you with that - www.parallels.com/support/