To Parallels: Those who have paid the upgrade fee...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by UKP, Jun 1, 2007.

1. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

OOoooooh... how I love flame-fests.

Okay, lets stop calling each other whiners and how about the beta testers come down a level, your not as good as you think you are.

I signed-up for the beta test a few days after registration was opened. I didn't receive a response back from Parallels, only a second email a long time later stating "Everyone needs to register again". So I did, still no response. Hmmm ..

Anyways, I can see what UKP is saying, and I perfectly agree with it. He's not asking to join your secret group of beta tests (oooooh how bad would that be .. ). He's only asking to be showed (in the forum of a download) of what he just pre-ordered.

SWSoft could easily do this, sharing with their customers a loyalty. If they state "This is an unsupported beta version", they don't even have to support the pre-order customers who move to this version.

Furthermore, I am sick of reading the word "Whiner" on this forum, when someone simply states their opinion. I hope a moderator steps in soon, and starts warning some of these people who are egging on the flame fests. It reflects poorly on the forum userbase, SWSoft and Parallels.

These are just my thoughts.

Cheers,
    :cool:

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Pre-paid for something that is not available yet.

How can it be made available?

3. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

Simple. The Beta is available for those in the Beta program. Allow pre-order customers could be allowed to access the Beta. Perhaps not the most recent version of the Beta (beta from last week or the week before).

4. AlanH

AlanH Pro

You were given a simple choice. Buy now for $40, sight unseen, or buy later for $50, when you can see and touch the demo version 3. You choose. Why do you *have* to go for the measly $10 saving, just because Parallels tells you to?

5. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

I don't see any point to your post, in any part of this forum. No one is saying anyone *has* to upgrade. They're just saying it would be nice if Parallels would allow the ones who did, a chance to download the beta.

6. ATXP

ATXP Member

Although I'm annoyed about paying Parallels again in a short span of less than four months, I went ahead for the promo upgrade price. Hope they don't pull the same stunt four months later for Parallels 3.5

7. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

Don't have to worry about that for 3.5, but when they release 4.0 .. then you'll need to shell out the cash for the upgrade.