Unable to register Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MrFabioP, Jun 23, 2011.

1. HolgerJ

HolgerJ Bit poster

Dear Parallels support, same for me. I tried several times to register online and on my mac but no luck. What is the solution to the problem?

2. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Hello MDavis and HolgerJ, I see your keys are registered under your account at www.parallels.com/account

The Parallels Desktop 7 support options are available for you.

What about registration errors, registration procedure may be firewalled.
    Turn off your Firewalls (or if you ever installed 3-rd party firewalls like Sophos, Little Snitch, etc.):
    System preferences -> Security -> Firewall - > Turn off

Then please try to ping the registration server: Applications -> Utilities -> terminal.app
    and there you should type: ping registration.parallels.com
    If everything okay, then you will receive output reply like "reply from IP-address...packet loss =0%". This would mean that now Parallels' servers are in the secure list and the registration errors should not appear anymore.
    If there is no reply - check your network settings/firewalls/restrictions.

However if the issue persists, then most probably registration and verification requests are blocked by your Internet Service Provider and cannot reach our server.

In this case please kindly consider downloading and installing updates manually: Go to Parallels web site:

http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

Download latest installation package, double click the saved .dmg package - all the updates will be installed.

3. HolgerJ

HolgerJ Bit poster

Hi Julia,

thank you for your quick response. I switched off the firewall (although I actually don't want to). I did ping your server, pls see below.
    64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.063 ms
    The software is updated but still no change.

I cannot register and cannot switch to MacLook. It's bit frustrating. How can I get help?

Gruss
    Holger

4. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Thank you for the information. Our developers have just reported that in the new upcoming Parallels Desktop 7 update registration issues should be fixed. I suggest you just to wait until the next update is available.

5. Tajhad

Tajhad Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

6. Tajhad

Tajhad Bit poster

Registration issues

I , too, have issues with registration. My issue was that I had registered, downloaded the iPad app, set that up as well. All worked well for a short time.
    I went to log in - it told me that the email or password was incorrect. I would click on the "redeem password" and it would send me an email to show me the steps. I have tried this many times - both at home and on my work network. I did it over a few weeks. I could never get out of the loop. Even when I go to re-register - it would say "this is already registered - please log in".
    I chatted with someone today on the chat support. Their emails did arrive. But nothing from the rego mob.
    I did all that was suggested - made sure they were in the safe group, refreshed safari, logged out, logged in. Nothing worked.
    Which is a real bummer - I was hoping to show the mac/ipad feature to a group of educators next week (we have been Fusion users up until Lion)

7. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Dear Tajhad, please try to login now with the email that is registered with this forum. If you still fail, please let me know.

8. Tajhad

Tajhad Bit poster

Still no luck . Tried it - but no go.

9. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

I just created a ticket for you, a separate message was sent with solution.

10. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Tajhad, please confirm that you received a message with temporary password.

11. HolgerJ

HolgerJ Bit poster

Why can I not change to "use MacLook" view? I always receive the below message. Can somebody help please?

Unable to connect to the server.
    Please check your Internet connection or try again later.
    Problem ID: 15265

12. illian

illian Bit poster

I had the same problem as you...127.0.0.1 is your localhost, so parallels is actually trying to connect to your mac. take a look inside your hosts (/private/etc/hosts) file.

13. Banned

I bought and activate the PD7 on the site but can't register the program due to no internet connection stablished. I did the ping - its ok
    I did switch off all firewalls I installed the latest product version. Pls help to find the solution.
    Brgds
    Sergiy

14. DeveloppementT

DeveloppementT Bit poster

I have the same issue here. Just bought the software. Cannot register through Parallels 7.0
    I registered it on the website.
    But I'm unable to update.

15. GrooveQ

GrooveQ Bit poster

Same here, very tedious

It's feb 2012 now, wasn't this meant to be fixed by now?

16. jaredraynes

jaredraynes Bit poster

I too am unable to register my PD7, I cannot do it on the website either. The website just will not send the verification email to my email address. And now I am having problems with PD7 in that I keep getting an error message telling me there is a problem and that i should restart windows, which I do, but I get the same message. And I cannot enter coherence mode at all now. I was using PD7 everyday for 6 months with no problems at all, then I don't use it for 1 month, and I go back to use it, and now it doesn't work properly, HELP!

17. juliaplow

juliaplow Hunter

Hello jaredraynes. I confirmed your account. Now you can login at www.parallels.com/account

Register the key in 'My Registered Products' section. After that you will see your support code and will be able to contact technical support team.

More about support code: http://kb.parallels.com/8921

18. bvlv12

bvlv12 Bit poster

same thing here. VERY annoying. how bout a bug fix, and an update release? This is not going away with online registration. Thank You.

19. Will_T

Will_T Bit poster

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your output. I got exactly the same problem and I have fixed it with your hints.

The problem is the local host file. For some reason Parallals installation edit the /etc/hosts and it resolve its own websites servers to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer itself. This sounds stupid but it is truth that Parallals did this to let their your computer resolve their servers to local hosts and it looks like the internet is down.

Here is the fix but you need a bit skill on vi editor. You need to go to shell prompt and type in 'sudo vi /etc/hosts' and type in your password if there is any. In the coming screening, you have opened the file /etc/hosts. You should then press 'i' then go into edit mode, move your cursor and add # in the front of all lines of parallals servers. Here is my example.

127.0.0.1 localhost
    255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
    ::1 localhost
    fe80::1%lo0 localhost
    255:.255.255.255 broadcasthost and ::1localhost lines.
    #127.0.0.1 pdfm7.blist.parallels.com
    #127.0.0.1 pdfm7.vl.parallels.com
    #127.0.0.1 registration.parallels.com
    #127.0.0.1 update.parallels.com

Then press 'esc' key and hit 'Z' twice (capital Z, shift + z) to save the file and exit the vi editor. If you don't know how to use vi, you may need google it as it is a bit frustrating for new users.

Then you should be able to ping and you should be able to register your product online which I did yesterday :)
    ING registration.parallels.com (64.131.89.22): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 64.131.89.22: icmp_seq=0 ttl=45 time=225.071 ms

Regards,
    Will

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  20. Raul5660

Raul5660 Bit poster

My Fix

Check your host file to see if for some reason the web address is blocked, not sure why but mine was blocked

terminal> sudo nano /etc/hosts

Make sure there are no web addresses with parallels.com in it