PW6 working on Ubuntu 12.04 64-bot host!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration in Windows and Linux' started by Robertjm, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Robertjm

Robertjm Member

Just a quick note I figured I'd share with the forum. Maybe it's not surprising to most, but if it helps anyone that's great.

I installed the 30 day trial of PW6 last night on my Ubuntu Precise Pangolin v12.04 64-bit machine. So far, so good!! And on top of that, this was an old virtual drive I'd used last with PW2.x a few years ago!!

The conversion process to the new format took forever, and now I've been running updates to XP all day long. Only small issue I had was that it said it couldn't use CD/DVD 1. This didn't surprise me as the drive in the old image was a different machine. I selected my current drive and I'm no longer getting the error msg, though I haven't tried using the drive as of yet.

One thing I remember from back with v2.x was that every time there was a kernel update that there'd be issues. Does anyone know if PW6 for linux is more stable these days regarding kernel updates?

Robert

2. Robertjm

Robertjm Member

Alas, but it isn't

A quickie response. I am STILL not able to log into PW6 once there's a kernel update. However, when I select the previoius kernel I used during the initial install (from the Previous Kernel list in Grub2), PW6 will launch.

If you know which kernel was active during the install give it a try. If you don't then you might want to reinstall and make a notation of it for future kernel upgrades.