USB adapter for v6 or v7

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KASpence, Apr 8, 2012.

1. KASpence

KASpence Bit poster

Has anyone been able to get a Keyspan USA-19HS adapter to be recognized by Parallels. I had it working in v5 but seems to be broken for v6 or v7 under Lion. I was using the SerialClient that was free but no longer available.

I would also be willing to look at a different adapter if I know it will work.

Thanks
    Ken Spence

2. drpatrickm

drpatrickm Bit poster

keyspan working in xp under PD7

I have two serial keyspan adapters full working in windows xp pro under parallels desktop 7.
    You need to install drivers in windows and not in os x and configure in xp too.
    Patrick

3. KASpence

KASpence Bit poster

Windows USB adapter setup

I am assuming that you were able to setup the adapter on Windows without having to use the SerialClient software for Mac that I was using. I did finally get it to work using the SerialClient but had to install the adapter driver on Mac OS. I have tried before to just set it up on Windows XP but never could get it to work.

It would be nice not to have to use the SerialClient. Could you give me some guidance on how you set up the adapter on Windows?

Thanks,
    Ken

4. drpatrickm

drpatrickm Bit poster

keyspan driver under windows

You must use the keyspan driver for 19HS
    here it is the link for XP
    " http://www.tripplite.com/shared/software/Driver/Keyspan%20Driver%20for%20USA-19HS_v3.7S%20(Windows%202000,%20XP,%202003%20Server,%20Vista).zip" and install under windows.
    It will add a new serial port than you can configure ! (under windows)
    You need to uninstall any mac driver and don't add a serial port under PD7
    Sometimes you need to restart your Mac and virtual machine under PD7.
    i have two serial adapters: com1 and com2 in windows xp (pro sp3)
    you must use keyspan adapter as any usb device in PD7.
    Patrick

5. KASpence

KASpence Bit poster

Window setup

I still can't get the adapter set up in Windows. I installed the driver and an Keyspan Assistant is available but its says now adapter is connected. I am not a Windows person much. I have looked all over to find out where Serial ports are listed and for what. Where do I do the configuration under Windows.

I have made sure Keyspan is not installed on Mac. I haver restarted everything several times. I don't have any serial ports added to PD7.

Any guidance on where to setup the port would be good.

Thanks,
    Ken

6. KASpence

KASpence Bit poster

Solved

I figured it out. The USB Controller was never installed. Installed and restarted and all worked fine.

Ken