Video corruption in Windows 7 64-bit guest under Lion 10.7.3 host

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Sean S, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jeffro01

jeffro01 Member

Same thing

I to am starting to have this issue. Brand new MBP running the latest version of Parallels 7.0.15055. Wasn't having the issue at all on my primary windows 7 VM then I needed to fire up my second windows 7 VM and thats when the corruption started happening. Unfortunately now I'm having this problem running only one VM... I disabled the 3D acceleration in my second windows 7 VM and I'll go ahead and disable it on my primary windows 7 VM as well for testing but that can't be the long term solution.

Here is my system:
    2.4 Ghz Core i7
    16GB RAM
    512GB SSD
    Intel HD Graphics 3000\
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB GDDR5

Can't imagine it's a resource issue of any kind, almost sounds like a driver issue within parallels.

Jeff

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. KenKnight

KenKnight Junior Member

I've turned off 3D acceleration and we'll see what happens over the next day or so.

[edit]

Well sadly, I can't really disable 3d as many of my development and graphics packages utilize that functionality.

My thought is this; Logically if it wasn't happening before the update... now it is, then it has to be something in the update. And this seems to be the common description of all that are encountering this. So if you guys and examine the code that impacted the display area and put a patch we'd all be back to normal.

Thanks,
    Ken

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  3. Noupimic

Noupimic Bit poster

Unfortunately, I'm also having this problem with Parallels 7.0.15055 and a windows 7 64-bit VM. Disabling the 3D does indeed work around the problem. It seems that the Parallel Display Adapter (WDDM) doesn't correctly support the 3D acceleration. Without 3D, however, some applications on the VM no longer function in an acceptable way.

We look forward to seeing a fix in a near-future update.

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

5. Sean S

Sean S Junior Member

Hmmm. The video corruption is present again on Build 7.0.15094

I will try and disable 3D acceleration to see if that alleviates it. Will report back.

6. Julianz

Julianz Bit poster

Hi all,
    same problem for me.
    I have Windows 7 32Bit ... any news?
    Thank you.
    Alan

7. MichaelSch

MichaelSch Bit poster

Same Problem with XP & Fedora 16

I am having the exact same problem as well. I am running the latest Parallels (build 7.0.15094) on a Mac Pro (8 cores 16 GB) running Lion 10.7.4. The problem just started occurring a few days ago; however, it occurs consistently in both Windows and Linux VMs. I run both VMs simultaneously, but I have not had problems until recently. The VM configurations have not changed.

Since I rely heavily on my VMs for work, I will start looking at alternatives if this is not resolved in the next day or so.

-Mike

8. YanaYana

YanaYana

Did anyone submit this issue to tech support? Dear users it is essential in order to speed up the resolution

9. flakshack

flakshack Member

I'm having this exact problem. Parallels Desktop 8, Build 8.0.18354, Windows 7 x64, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I'll be working just fine in Full Screen mode for hours, then suddenly it will get corrupted (like the previous screenshot). Only solution is to hold down the power button and reset the computer.

It is weird that it only happens when the 3d graphics card is enabled. I wonder if it is a sign of a hardware issue?

10. flakshack

flakshack Member

I submitted problem report #21292328