Trial Expired - How do I uninstall windows if I cant use Paralells?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Wyvernh, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Wyvernh

Wyvernh Bit poster

Hi,

My trial period is over for Paralells Desktop 7 for Mac (installed on a macbook air). I had installed this and then setup a virtual windows 7 environment and had Office 2010 running in that. I now want to remove the Windows 7 and Office 2010 installs and then completely uninstall Paralells Desktop 7 also.

How do I do this? I cant get to the windows environment to install Office 2010 and I cant get to Parallels to uninstall Windows 7 environment? Or am I being very stupid - is is just a case of uninstalling Paralells and this will also remove Windows 7/ Office 2010.

Would really appreciate some advice! Thanks in advance

2. DawdaG

DawdaG Bit poster

In your Documents folder there in another folder called Parallels. Go to that folder and in it you'll have your virtual machine ex: Windows.pvm (will have a red icon). If you delete it you will have deleted it from your system and parallels.

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

After you've uninstalled Parallels you can delete the Parallels folder in your documents folder. That folder contains your VM, including the virtual hard drive. Once you've emptied the trash you're done.