SEVERE lag/temporary freeze when opening Parallels after saved VM session...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dzyner, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dzyner

dzyner Bit poster

Has anyone experiences a severe lag in system performance when opening Parallels after saving a previous VM session? By "lag" I mean you can do NOTHING for several minutes until the Parallels setup window opens. Even then, the Parallels window menus are buggy and when you resume the saved state the screen does not properly size (it crops the Windows desktop in an unusable size and position). Hard to explain really but if you've experienced what I'm referring to you'll know it!! The only solution to this is a complete system (Mac) reboot.

My system specs are:

MacPro 2.0GHz Dual-core Intel
    3GB RAM
    1GB allocated to Parallels
    VM = Windows XP Media Center 2005
    Parallels version is latest release

Thanks!
    Darren

2. franc12

franc12 Bit poster

I've seen the same thing- I would always shut down the windows session & not quit parallels. Wondering if version 3.0 will fix

3. SnakeDiver

SnakeDiver Member

I have seen this before too. Happens when I have multiple processes running, meaning there is more for Parallels to restore. A Window informing you of "restoring session" would probably help.

Be patient, it comes up. Perhaps something here to speed this up will be addressed.

2 things to try: (1) Limit the number of applications open in Windows when you close. (2) shutdown Windows.