Installing Beini (Tiny Core Linux)? any luck?

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Dishing Tech, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Dishing Tech

Dishing Tech Junior Member

Installing Beini (Tiny Core Linux) | Success

I managed to get this installed using the Other Linux 2.6 option, boots, but with errors. It also took forever to shut down. However, when I try to enable my USB wifi receiver (Ralink RT3070) in the list it disappears (no tick or anything). I have noticed this in VM Ubuntu as well so I think it is a Parallels issue, it used to work but not anymore. I also can't seem to connect to a network or install parallels tools.

Update: I got it going by using version 1.2.1. There is a VMware image floating around which I imported into Parallels Desktop (will upload a VMimage soon). I had issues dragging the .tce driver into the iso, which I could do, but when I saved the ISO I got checksum errors when trying to start the iso in Parallels The reason why I could not load the drivers in the VM was because MacOS X was not letting them go. I tried to unload the .kext with the sudo kextunload command, but it would not budge, so I deleted the Mac Wireless Utility using their uninstaller. Not as fast as backtrack but it does the job still quickly

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. Dishing Tech

Dishing Tech Junior Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012