An error occurred while installing Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PaulCW, May 2, 2012.

1. PaulCW

PaulCW Bit poster

I just updated Parallels 5 to Parallels 6. Using Lion and Windows 7.

However, when I try to install the Tools, I am getting "An error occurred while installing Parallels Tools." This then prompts for a reset of parallels to try again. Keeps doing this over and over again and never installed properly. Tried following procedures to uninstall but it is now showing as installed in Add/Remove Programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. DeShawnB

DeShawnB Hunter

Hello PaulCW,

We appreciate you reaching out on the forum. With regard to your post, we recommend that you first take a look at this Knowledge Base article which contains troubleshooting tips for installing Parallels Tools when upgrading to Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac: http://kb.parallels.com/8969

Regards,
    --
    The Parallels Team

3. PaulCW

PaulCW Bit poster

thanks

but I have tried all these types multiple times and cant' seem to shake this error message!

4. PaulCW

PaulCW Bit poster

still stuck in this error

I'm still struggling with this problem where its stuck in a loop trying to install the Tools.

I have tried all the instructions. Parallels Tools is not installed so I am unable to uninstall. I have tried the registry trick and remove the temp folder and removing prl_pv hidden folder with no luck.

Should I just wipe everything and start again?

Thanks

Paul