Screen flashes with Gnome-Shell, Parallels 7, Ubuntu 11.10

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by deanproxy, Jan 5, 2012.

1. HeadGeek

HeadGeek Bit poster

Fixed?

I've upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04 Beta-2 (and thank you, Parallels, for adding compatibility even before it is officially released -- VMware could never be bothered to make their stuff compatible with the new version of an OS until a couple months *after* it was released, and on Ubuntu's six-month upgrade cycle, that's just ridiculous).

Anyway, the "flicker" problem is either gone or at least a *lot* less common now. I might have seen it happen once, in the several days that I used 12.04 a few weeks ago (had to go back to an 11.10 VM until Parallels was updated, just returned to 12.04 last night after discovering the latest Parallels upgrade). I used to see it happen regularly when sending e-mail, but I've been sending mail all morning, and it's been completely solid. :-D

2. HeadGeek

HeadGeek Bit poster

A week now, and still not a single instance. I think we can count this as fixed. :)

3. mercy

mercy Parallels Developers

Hello all

I worked with your problem but I can't reproduce it still. Even your VM didn't help me to see the problem with Screen flashes.
    So, I hope you're still ready to help with the fix of this inconvenient behavior from Parallels Desktop when you run Ubuntu with Gnome shell.
    Please, do the following steps:
    the next time, when you start to work inside your Linux VM make a video with some steps of reproduction of such a behavior. And it is very important for us to see how does screen flash.
    Please, send me a video here: http://fe.parallels.com/instructions/012ae352d8533b8c5a266ee08c9b0234

Thank you for help

4. Xaxxon

Xaxxon Junior Member

Mercy,
    I'm no longer using Gnome 3.2, I have not experienced the issue with 3.4. I have not had any issues with ubuntu 12.04 so far, great job to everyone on getting that available so quickly.

5. HakanSi.

HakanSi. Bit poster

I am using Parallels Desktop 8 with the latest update and Fedora 18 32Bit. After installing the Parallels Tools I got this problem, too. :-/

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013