Mobile wont recognize my account and password

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by scotttkd, Oct 26, 2010.

1. sandro

sandro Parallels Developers

Johan.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We'll try to fix this inconvenience ASAP.

2. sandro

Hi Robert.

Could you please send us problem report (http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058) and post here it id?

3. RufoR

RufoR Bit poster

Mobile won't recognize my account and password

I have issue with mobile not recognizing my account and password. Ticket #10228539

4. sandro

Hi.

Please do follow:

1. Check whether your account information which you use for authorization to Parallels Mobile is valid (you should use the same credentials (email and password) which were used for product registration). You can go to www.parallels.com and check there or use "Forgot password" link at PD preferences.

2. if you absolutely sure that using email and password are valid then try follow:

- quit Parallels Desktop
    - run Terminal application (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
    - stop Parallels environment with command performed at Terminal:

sudo launchctl stop com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon

- wait for a minute and start Parallels environment:

sudo launchctl start com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon

- recheck issue - try to login to Parallels Mobile one more time

5. kat

kat Product Expert

I am not sure if this effects any one on this thread but:
    If you have more than one computer on your network, and you do not have a permanently assigned IP address for each box (computer) this would effect logon to mobile account. Because your IP address might not be the same as when you signed up for the account originally. When I am out using mobile account, I sometimes have to go through the first 6 IP address in my home network.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. DerrickT

DerrickT Bit poster

Can't login on my desktop

I have this error report # 11429979

7. sandro

Hi.

Please try follow:

1. close Parallels Desktop
    2. start Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
    3. form Terminal perform command:

sudo launchctl stop com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon

4. wait for a minute and perform another one:

sudo launchctl start com.parallels.desktop.launchdaemon

5. start Parallels Desktop and try to reenter your credentials on Mobile tab

PS
    Instead of above 1-4 steps you can also try to reboot your Mac

8. saramerriman

saramerriman Bit poster

It looks like no one has yet come up with a solution for this problem. I've just got my first iPad and cannot use the copy of Parallels Mobile I've just bought.

My set-up:

I have a fully up to date copy of Parallels 6 on my work iMac. It has a static IP address.
    Parallels is registered.

Parallels Desktop is happy with my registration email and password when I enter them in the mobile section of Parallels preferences.

Parallels Mobile is happy with my registration email and password when I enter them in the preferences there.

On my iPad I launch Parallels Mobile and it connects to the server and shows my work iMac listed under 'Computers'

However, when I tap it to start work I get the message: "Connection Error. Incorrect user name or password".

I know the user name and password are correct and there are no issues with foreign characters or upper and lower cases.

What can I do?

9. sandro

Please note that you shouldn't enter your registration account credentials during connection to host but your Mac account one.

10. saramerriman

saramerriman Bit poster

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I am aware that it it the Mac user name and password needed. They were entered correctly.

After spending half and hour on the phone to tech support yesterday, someone finally believed that I really do know my user name and password and my problem has been escalated to level-two. I am waiting for an email from them asking for further information.

Mind you, I'm not too hopeful, I was told to expect an email within 15 minutes and that was 24 hours ago. And yes, I have checked my junk mail box.

11. sandro

If you were addressed to 2nd level support i guess they provided you with instructions how to create and send problem report. Could you please post it's id if here.

12. Heather Deobald

Heather Deobald Bit poster

Hi I too am sure of my user name and password. I downloaded the App but when I try to sign in on my mac it says me email address or user name is incorrect. Suggestions?

13. sandro

14. Heather Deobald

Hi Problem report was sent here is the ID 15297346

15. Heather Deobald

The problem is occurring when I go to Preferences, Mobile and the it requests the email and password to "allow parallels mobile to access your virtual machine through internet log".

16. sandro

I see. If you absolutely sure that entering correct email/password (credentials that were used during PD product registration) then try to reboot your Mac and recheck issue.

17. Heather Deobald

I have rebooted. I am positive my email is correct and I have reset my password as well to make sure it is the correct one. If I can log into the Parallels website with the email and password the same should work for the mobile window email and password should it not?

18. sandro

Exactly you should use the same login/password as for Parallels website. So as i right understood reboot didn't help? Could you please send one more problem report and post it id here again.