Problem using LogMeIn with Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mark-nc, Aug 7, 2011.

1. mark-nc

mark-nc Bit poster

I use LogMeIn.com for remote access to my Mac computers. When I try to access Windows 7 running in Parallels I find that Parallels won't recognize the proper keyboard state. For example the shift, control and alt keys are ignored. Therefore I can't type characters like capital letters, $ or do cut and paste, etc.

Other applications on the Mac work just fine and respond exactly as expected. This only seems to happen when I try to connect Parallels so I'm guessing Parallels isn't interpreting input from LogMeIn properly. Perhaps you guys can get together with them to try to figure out a fix? I am trying to eliminate all Windows PCs from my life and just use Windows within Parallels (which works fantastically well!) but I need remote access and it needs to work.

Thanks!

2. EdsonS

EdsonS Member

Same Problem

Hey there,

I have had the same problem. It is a big pain especially if you have any passwords or are typing and wanting to use punctuation using the exclamation mark etc.

There are several way around the issue for the time being until parallels can figure it out. But these aren't as neat as having it work as expected:

1. Install LogMeIn on your virtual machine. That way you can use the keyboard as expected.
    2. Use onscreen keyboard in your virtual machine. Go to Start Run and type osk. This will enable you to use the shift key.
    3. Teamviewer is worth a go, but in my opinion not as good as LogMeIn.

Hopefully someone from parallels will look into this, but in the mean time hopefully the above helps you out.

Ed