Tools install/Windows logo testing/internet fails

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Iago, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Iago

Iago Bit poster

When I install Parallels tools I get an error message:

The software you are installing for this hardware:
    Parallels Mouse Synchronization Tool
    has not passed Windows Logo Testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP.

A warning follows. I go ahead and 'Continue Anyway'. Get the same error for the network adapter, video adapter, install these anyway. Is this a problem? I wonder, because I can't connect to the internet on the guest OS:

I'm trying to run the cable internet install routine but it fails and I get 'Unable to establish a network connection. ... modem is not connected properly". The routine accepts the network adapter (Realtek RTL8029(AS) PCI Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler) but bombs on the connectivity check.

System preferences/Network on the imac shows I'm connected with Built-In Ethernet. Ethernet adaptor says the cable is connected but that the computer does not have an IP address and can't connect to the internet.

I have a OSX 10.4.6, with XP sp1 as guest. Internet connection is cable wired to my imac, which works perfectly. Parallels Workstation 2.1for OSX Beta 5. Any ideas appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  2. engrProf

engrProf Member

I get the same message when I install Parallels tools. I get Internet fine. Your problems accessing the Internet are (I believe -- correct me if I'm wrong, Parallels folks) not related to these messages. I am assuming the messages mean the parallel guys have written some drivers Windows doesn't know about, and Windows is complaining. Is that right, Parallels folks? Just go ahead and accept. Those are Parallels drivers. I'm assuming that by the time the "real" version is out, this message won't appear any more -- but we are beta testers.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006