3.0 Pre-order broken?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Synchro, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Synchro

Synchro Junior Member

I'm having real trouble logging into the parallels site. On the order form it allows you to log in, but my login id and pass just doesn't work there (despite the fact that I'm actually already logged in on the my account page). It's clearly a dumb form anyway as the login button triggers validation for the 'new user' part of the form. I wonder how many lost sales this is responsible for...

2. Synchro

Synchro Junior Member

Hm. So it seems that parallels has 3 unconnected login mechanisms: my account, forums and purchases (which is broken: "An error occurred while your customer data was being looked up. Please register for the order process again."). Brilliant.

3. Synchro

Synchro Junior Member

Great. So I go through the order process and elect to pay via paypal. I'm told I'm going to be redirected to PayPal, but it never happens, it just tells me that my order has completed successfully, and I've not received any confirmation. I guess it's great if they want to give me a free copy, but I get the feeling that Digital River are up the creek.

4. chrismasto

chrismasto Member

I saw that PayPal option there too and tried to use it, with the same results. I'm not sure that Element5 is the best choice for order fulfillment. Oh well, at least it took my amex card when I went back and changed the payment method to credit card.

5. Synchro

Synchro Junior Member

Works now

I tried again yesterday and it worked via paypal, so I guess they fixed something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.