How 2 Resize my XP image?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Osmosis, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Osmosis

Osmosis Bit poster

One more time - this ? has been asked many times and I see all the threads but still not sure how best to resize my XP image. Some of the post seem to be for earlier versions of Parallels so I'm not sure if the steps in that post apply to my current Version of 2.5.3188.

Could someone point me to the exact steps required to resize my image - the Parallels Images Tools is that all I need?

Please help.....

Rod

2. Osmosis

Osmosis Bit poster

Almost 24 hours and no replies or postings? I must not be the only one looking for some answers regarding this issue - it is an issue for me.

I'm just looking for a real solution - process - procedure on how best to increase the size of my XP Pro image in parallels.

Thanks for any input in advance!

Rod Moses:confused:

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Please read the earlier posts.

4. Osmosis

Osmosis Bit poster

Gee, that's a helpful suggestion. I guess I would ask are the earlier posts still relevant to the curent version? Looks to me like there are several suggestions as to how to perform a resize of a image - is one better than the other? Do all the suggestions work?

Perhaps a documented way is what I'm looking for and hope that comes in Version 3.0.

Rod

5. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

We are all volunteers here. No time to reinvent the wheel.

As I recall there is one option which involves using a 3rd party tool, and another option which works without the tool. Personally, I might try the option without the tool. I haven't done either. I don't know if anybody has done both.

6. EpsilonPrime

EpsilonPrime Member

7. Osmosis

Osmosis Bit poster

OK - Purplish; Sorry if I sounded like I was jumping on you or other members of this forum but the way the post are assembled certainly you can see it can get quite confusing trying to sort through passed threads.

OK - EpsilonPrime; Took a quick look at the Blog you linked to and it definitely looks like something I will go with. Thanks very much for pointing me in a good direction!!!!

Rod:D