DR wants me to pay USD 42,01 instead of 39,99? Proof included.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by macgebruiker, Jun 6, 2007.

1. macgebruiker

macgebruiker Hunter

See proof. Why???????????????

Attached Files:

2. beley

beley Bit poster

Could it be something with your exchange rate or the currency conversion?

3. macgebruiker

macgebruiker Hunter

How should I know?

I'm in the euro domain so it proposed euros but told it to charge me in dollars since I get a much better exchange rate from the CC company.

Nontheless, it should never be above 39,99.

4. macgebruiker

macgebruiker Hunter

Do not get rebate (To Parallels people)

Modified

I decided to go thru the whole ordering stuff once more but now I do not get the rebate anymore. Is this rebate valid only once? If so this is quite weird.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
  5. Jack Dumphy

Jack Dumphy Member

I stopped thinking about (this sort of) statements here, wether discount- or payment issues. I've got the same bill ... hm .. almost the same. My price was 40,77 Euro(!)
    The VAT in Germany and the Netherlands is equal, so that will not be the reason for the difference. May be they just interchanged the exchange ratio ! :D :D :D

But I will stay calm, because I can hardly await this upgrade and I am sort of glad to survive curiosities like these. :rolleyes:

6. rwhiffen

rwhiffen Junior Member

I tried to buy this morning as well (Jun 6, 9:15AM EDT) because this morning I recieved a "last chance to get the $10USD off" upgrade price. It said June 6th was the last day to buy at that price. But the check out only had the price of $49.99USD. What gives? It's still June 6 in a significant portion of the world.

Rich

7. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello, macgebruiker
    Difference between USD 42.01 and 39.99 -is your regional tax

8. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Excuse us for confusion.
    We will fix it in nearest time.

9. macgebruiker

macgebruiker Hunter

It is NOT!

The taxrate here is much higher besides that I do not have to pay taxes since I filled in all necessary company information.

Also I discovered that when I click the "if you cannot read thsi email ...." stuff and the start the ordering I again do get the rebate however end pricing is still incorrect.

I certainly hope the product is better than the ordering process since that stinks on all sides!

10. Ankou

Ankou Guest

macgebruiker, In that case, I think, what your problem does not connected with Parallels.
    Try to contact to administration of e-commerce provider.

11. macgebruiker

macgebruiker Hunter

The problem has t do with Digital River and their akward handling. I sent them & you an email stating that there are several problems. It is clear that I am not the only one where things are incorrect.

12. ReneS

ReneS Member

Just paid 32,63 euro

Hi,

Just printed my invoice from Element5 (digital river)
    It's euro 32,63

Pretty inexpensive for what I get, i think

Just to let you know.....

Rene

13. ksigit

ksigit Junior Member

14. fixmacs

fixmacs Bit poster

I received an e-mail from Parallels on June 2nd offering a pre-order upgrade price of $49.99 with a $10 discount making the upgrade price $39.99. I immediately ordered it at that price. It looks like if I had waited I could have gotten an even better price of $31.99. I'm a bit disappointed by this. It seems unfair that the link in the e-mail I was sent that day offered a higher price than the one on their website. Maybe they actually read their forums and will offer to fix this error for me.

15. Jon

Jon Bit poster

Hmm I agree - I did the same. This has been woefully mishandled (both by Digital River, I have friends who couldn't even signup to the site any longer) as well as Parallels. :(

16. richpjr

richpjr Bit poster

I just ordered it about 25 minutes ago here in California at 11:55pm on the 6th and got the $31.99 price. I was worried I wouldn't get the discount.