Windows 8 and coherece

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ljplatt, Jun 3, 2012.

1. ljplatt

ljplatt Member

Can coherence be used in Windows 8? If so, how do I make this happen since Tools never loaded. If not, what can I do to connect my Windows 8 vm to my Mac OS files.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Crewdawg

Crewdawg Junior Member

Coherance does work with Windows 8. Right know you must use a workaround on the display driver for this to work. Are you sure the tools did not load?

There are workarounds for the Display Driver preventing Coherance, and the Smart Mouse now working on Auto. See the thread below.

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=260018

3. ljplatt

ljplatt Member

didn't help but thanks

I still can't connect the Windows 8 vm and Mac. I looked in registry for opengldrivername but nothing was found.

Still looking for an answer...

4. ljplatt

ljplatt Member

update

If anyone is reading this post, I thought it might be useful to note that I was able to get Tools to work on third try; this made coherence possible; this made connection between VM and Mac OS possible.
    Only issue now is flakey app feature in coherence; I think this is a memory issue but am not sure. Anyway, exiting coherence helps a lot in this matter. Will update again if I can get things to work better. but at least the connection problem is solved.

5. Crewdawg

Crewdawg Junior Member

It is also worth noting that there is a Parallels update that seems to address the Win 8 RP issues. So a new installation from the New VM menu should not experience the Tools issue, or Coherence issue you saw.