Windows 8 Release Preview

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Michael Pitt, May 31, 2012.

1. Crewdawg

Crewdawg Junior Member

Are you running full screen by any chance? If so, try running it in the window and see if it experiences the same slow down.

2. GaborO

GaborO Bit poster

Currently testing with a fresh install, no slow down since 30 mins in window (no full screen). I will post later about my further experiences.

@Crewdawg: Thx!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  3. GaborO

GaborO Bit poster

Update: unfortunately I have the same slowdown in window mode too (no full screen).

4. Carlito72

Carlito72 Bit poster

With last update, as much as I can see, speed is OK on macbook air 13" late 2011.

5. RicardoA

RicardoA Bit poster

Internet is ok on the Mac and it used to work flawlessly with the Windows XP installation that was there before. Maybe this is one of the reasons it is not working: it wasn't a clean install. And even with the new update, it is still not working. I do hope it is not an Airport issue either.

6. Crewdawg

Crewdawg Junior Member

Have you tried both Shared and Bridged networking?

After the update did the new tools install ok? Have you reinstalled them?

Have you followed the steps on the knowledgebass article? http://kb.parallels.com/en/8978

7. RicardoA

RicardoA Bit poster

Actually, I solved the problem by installing a brand new installation through Parallels auto installer. So apparently installing through my old XP disk wouldn't cut it. Thanks for all your help, guys.

8. Ajaxy

Ajaxy Bit poster

I've also got problem with the "your pc will be ready in just a moment" screen. I got MacBook Pro 2011, any solutions?..