Outlook Domain error - Help Please

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by OshunJ, Jun 6, 2012.

1. OshunJ

OshunJ Bit poster

I have searched both google and parallels to know avail.

Configuration is as listed:

macbook air - lion installed Parallels 7 (or latest version).
    Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010 on Win 7 VM.
    Windows Domain is system generated value (either windows or parallels created but I don't know when or which) and I cannot change.
    internet access good. mail/ical can reach my exchange server, webmail on VM and Lion can reach it.
    parallels - bridged mode as well as shared I've tried.

I want to use RPC over HTTP (Outlook Anywhere) to setup work email using Outlook in win 7.

My results:

Initially when I setup outlook, my email was pulled in, but it gave me a msg asking for my username password. When I entered the information I got the message that the exchange server is unavailable or not reachable and outlook proceeds go through a loop (ask for user/name pwd , I input, error message, ask for user/name pwd....etc.)

Eventually I get a "program not responding" error message in Outlook. I have never been able to interact with the outlook contact (mail, or other) because the error msg or the request for password prompt appears.

When I kill process, reopen Outlook, same loop of request/error msg/program not responding. Note: I can still see the original emails that were initially pulled in but can never get to it.

Please Help!
    I desperately need access to full calendar capability to my work calendar features which is not available either through the web interface nor iCal.

2. OshunJ

OshunJ Bit poster

bump

bump please help

3. Crewdawg

Crewdawg Junior Member

Close Outlook and go to Control Panel -> Mail and verify your settings are correct, and the correct password is used.

You can also try looking at the RPC Diag window for outlook for some hints. Start -> Run -> Outlook.exe /rpcdiag