Windows 8 Release Preview will not install on Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RyanLM, Jun 17, 2012.

1. SeanDudzik

SeanDudzik Bit poster

Experiencing Same Problems With MacBook Pro 13" (2012 Model)

I am also experiencing the same problems on my MacBook Pro 13" (2012 Model) i7 version

2. JTango18

JTango18 Bit poster

It's hurting me on the new Air as well. Does it for an existing virtual machine that works fine on my MBP too.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. JBassett

JBassett Bit poster

I bought last night with the hopes of installing Windows 8... kinda upset

4. Andrew Rimmer

Andrew Rimmer Bit poster

Hopefully a fix won't be too far away, but it would be nice to get an update.

5. mikeruoc

mikeruoc Member

Same thing here. 2012 MBA. Patch please!!

6. ekrebs

ekrebs Bit poster

Same thing on my MBP Retina. It is likely a driver issue, either with the video card or the network adapter. Anandtech had issues with both in Bootcamp. See his discussion here: http://www.anandtech.com/Show/Index...g=windows-8-on-the-retina-display-macbook-pro

It's perfectly understandable if the Parallels team can't get it working right away (it is unreleased software, after all), but it would be nice to get an update.

Windows 7 installed like a boss.

Keep up the good work Parallels.

7. BCW

BCW Bit poster

Problems Installing Win 8 on 2012 15" MacBook Pro (Non-Retina Version)

I also have the same problem trying to install Windows 8 on a 2012 15" MacBook Pro (Non-Retina Version).

8. busera

busera Bit poster

Same problem here with the new MacBook Air 2012 i7.

9. busera

busera Bit poster

btw. It is working with the competitor´s application, but I don´t wont to install/keep two different vm apps on my machine :).

10. ooshwa

ooshwa Bit poster

good to know. i'm new to Parallels (thus have no loyalty yet). shoud I seek a refund and use an alternative or does Parallels typically respond promptly with patches? it is frustration they are not communicating more on the issue and a timeline for its resovle.

11. Tnguyen1

Tnguyen1 Bit poster

I ran in to the same problem!! I have the new MBA and was able to install windows 7 and ubuntu but not Windows 8. It downloaded but then looped at startup....

Also, windows 7 had an issue with the microphone not being able to perform well. There was static in my recordings and the volume was extremely low... Fixed the issue by uninstalling Parallels sound driver and downloaded another driver.

12. akasho

akasho Bit poster

MacBook Air Retina Same Problem!

With new MackBook Air with Retina I get the same error as the rest.

Installing Windows 7 with SP1 has no issues.

Pulling in Boot Camp of Windows 8 RC also has same error as above.

Parallels team, What's going on?

13. BrentP

BrentP Bit poster

Same here

Just a me too with a brand new MBA. Something with the new Ivy Bridge chipset? Hope to see a fix in the next week or so. Lots of people with new shiny MacBooks want to play.

14. ArchelaosC

ArchelaosC Bit poster

The same here New MBP !

15. Exception0x0e

Exception0x0e Bit poster

And a another me too, with the new MBP retina.

16. TerrenceW

TerrenceW Bit poster

Similar issue, but on iMac 27"

Hello,

I downloaded the trial of Parallels to evaluate the product, but cannot get the Windows 8 image to install properly. I am not getting a Windows error, mine is much sooner than that. The software downloads Windows 8 (3.3GB) and then says Validating. Next, it gives this message:

"The operating system image might have been damaged during the operation. Please try to download it again. If the problem persists, please contact the Parallels support team for assistance."

A quick search of the knowledgebase leads to a recommendation to try it again as well. Well, I've tried it 5 times now and get the same message every time.

I tried entering a support ticket, but since I have the trial version, I cannot get support.

My question to Parallels is: How do you expect me to buy it if I can't get help making it work?!

Running on iMac 27" (2011).

T

17. juzci

juzci Guest

TerrenceW,
    sorry to hear that. To investigate the issue we need some technical information, so could you please reproduce it, send us Problem Report as described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 and give me an ID?

Thanks in advance,
    Hanna

18. Lone Star

Lone Star Bit poster

Another me too! (MBP Retina)

19. chashulme

chashulme Junior Member

Me too (on a MacBook Pro Next Gen Retina).

ID 15917733

20. jhub908

jhub908 Bit poster

Retina MBP also, Windows 8 and every flavor of linux I have - same problem. I can't boot anything at all, parallels is currently useless.