Parallels 7 with Win 8 R.Prev. wants only 4 GB RAM?!?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kuebler, Jun 23, 2012.

1. kuebler

kuebler Member

With my Early 2011 Quad Core MBP with 8 GB RAM I used 4 GB for the Win 8 PM. Everything was fine.

Now I have upgraded my MBP to 16 GB RAM (which is correctly detected by my 10.7.4), but when I now assign 8 GB to my Win 8 PM, then my latest version Parallels insists on letting me repeatedly know, that my generous "donation" may lead to both a slower host and a slower guest machine.

Boy, am I disappointed...

Is this really the case? Should I really go back to assigning only 4 GB to my Win 8 PM?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. kuebler

kuebler Member

An authoritative voice is missing up to now, apparently...

Apparently I am not the first to ask and not getting an unambiguous answer, as it appears...

And I am in need for a voice which is authoritative, not one that sounds authoritative.

But how to recognize the one from the other, that's something I don't really know... ;-)

3. ÖngüçÃ

Öngüçà Bit poster

Parallels 7 won't recognize my 16 Gb Ram upgrade

I have 17'' i7 2,2Ghz 8GB macbook pro, early 2011. i upgraded to 16 GB ram. My macbook pro supports 16GB of RAM, but whatever i have done, the VM never recognize it. I always shows the maximum ram is 8GB What should i do. Do have to try VMware software as well?

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

You can try it and reach the conclusion it has the same 8 GB limitation.