Parallels 7 & Windows 7 Recent Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ClarkeB, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ClarkeB

ClarkeB Bit poster

I'm running Parallels 7 with Windows 7. Everything was fine until a recent update from Parallels and Windows.

Now, I can't get Windows to boot unless I uninstall the Parallel Tools. With the Parallel tools, the Windows welcome screen comes up, but the desktop never loads.

I have a lot of experience with Windows, but haven't had any trouble until now. Here are my questions:

- Is this a known problem? Does Parallels have a place for posting known problems?

- Any tips for troubleshooting this kind of problem?

Thanks,

Clarke

2. SWsoftP

SWsoftP Bit poster

I was having the same problem, and struggled with this for days.. The parallels support team was of no help. So I took a full day to research the problem and the only solution I've seen that works is to:

1. Disable the network adapter or prevent the machine from having any internet access. or
    2. Generate a new Mac address for your virtual adapter and hope that works..

I think the problem also only happens if you're loggin in using a network AD ID, not a local ID..

3. ClarkeB

ClarkeB Bit poster

For me, it was Avast

I should have posted this back before.

What I did was to uninstall Avast. Then, let Parallels and Windows upgrade themselves.

I'm glad you posted your experience because I forgot to install a new anti-virus. This time, I decided to try Microsoft Security Essentials. I've always been pleased with Avast, but perhaps Microsoft can be more compatible!

Clarke

4. SWsoftP

SWsoftP Bit poster

What is Avas? and where did you uninstall it? from Windows or your Mac?

5. PeterMa

PeterMa Bit poster

Is there anyone know this?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. e_l_green

e_l_green Bit poster

Avast is a Windows antivirus. It is one of those free advertising-supported antivirus programs. I used it for a while on one of my Windows boxes, ended up removing it and replacing it with the Microsoft one because of compatibility issues and getting tired of its advertising.

7. GiuseppeGalli

GiuseppeGalli Bit poster

NEWS FROM ITALY ... BY A USER OF MILAN.(FANCULOPARALLELS!)
    I Lion i7 iMac with 8 gigs of ram tera two HD in a parallel to Windows 7 will not start .... I said: "Can not use the Safe Mode with Boot Camp disks. One or more hard drives are enabled in the Boot Camp virtual machine configuration: These virtual machines can not be started in Safe Mode". .... I would not want to insult anyone, but these Parallels could do something better and easier ..... then worked at the beginning and now every update I do not solve anything .... the second thing you do! ... I was there working with the mac and windows and not the thought of ending up with a problem that I'm losing time and money! ..... do not buy it again next year! .... SAFE! ....