IIS on Parallels Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by centreofgravity, Sep 24, 2011.

1. centreofgravity

centreofgravity Bit poster

Hi all -

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate as guest OS on Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac (OS X 10.6.8).

Is it possible to allow exernal websites to POST and GET from IIS running in this configuration? If so how do I set up Parallels to allow this?

Thanks
    -Chris Jones

2. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Try Bridged Networking for the virtual machine. It will set the virtual machine's IP address to an IP address that is on the same subnet as your Mac. i.e. the virtual machine will use the same gateway that the Mac uses so if the external PC's can see your Mac's IP address then they should be able to see your virtual machine using the virtual machine's IP address.

If you use Shared Networking, then you would have to set up the port forwarding options on Parallels' virtual router settings at:
    Parallels Desktop -> Preferences... -> Advanced -> Network: Change settings... -> Shared
    In this case, external PC's would access the virtual machine using the Mac's IP address.

Click the (?) icon in the various settings and preferences dialogs to get more information from the Parallels help documentation.

3. ValentinoR

ValentinoR Bit poster

Hello everyone,
    I will be an equal problem.

I have a MacBook Pro on which I-virtualised Win XP and IIS 5.0 on with whom I run a local web site written in ASP.

Decided to test the site locally but OSx, I followed a guide that helped me a lot (http://www.ikkos.eu/?p=28 # comment-3461) and then from calling OSx the IP address of the PC Win I receive a response from IIS, a sign that the link is there.

Unfortunately the answer is a 401.1 error, here it is below:

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------
    You are not authorized to view this page

The credentials do not have permission to view this directory or page.
    Proceed as follows:

Click Update and then try specifying different credentials.
    If you think you have permission to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator using the email address or phone number listed in the 192.168.1.102 home page.
    HTTP 401.1 - Unauthorized: Logon Failed
    Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Additional Information:
    Microsoft support (in English)
    -------------------------------------------------- ----------------

I think I understand this is an issue of folder permissions on OSx (I've already shared with Win via Parallel) but I can not solve;
    - I have already activated the "File Sharing" in "System Preferences";
    - The security credentials of the folder set in IIS5 are as for the Mac

Some good soul wants to help me?
    Thank you.
    Valentino

ps sorry, I write through Google Translator

4. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

5. ValentinoR

ValentinoR Bit poster

Thank's, I try.
    by