Disable CMD-H in fullscreen?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KendallB, Jun 19, 2012.

1. KendallB

KendallB Member

For some reason when I am in fullscreen mode and I hit CMD-H, it ends up hiding one of the other windows I have open in another window (in Mac OS) and switches away from Parallels. At first I thought it was just the Hide Window shortcut for Parallels itself, but it turns out it still does it even if I change that to some other hot key?

Since I am used to using Ctrl-H for my Windows apps, and i rebound that to Alt-H (ie: Cmd-H) this is tripping me up.

Is there a way to disable this silly hot key for all Mac apps?

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Sure - you need to go to Mac OS preferences- Keyboard and disable it there

3. KendallB

KendallB Member

There is no option in the keyboard preferences to disable that hot key. I have looked everywhere, but it is not exposed. If there was a way to turn it off globally for all Mac apps, I would do it, as I never use that hot key.

4. YanaYana

YanaYana

Try to assign other combination for Parallels Desktop and test if it works - seems like it is a tough task to disable default shortcut

5. KendallB

KendallB Member

I tried that also but it had no effect. I already do that for Cmd-Q since I use that in windows also, but Cmd-H is a mystery ...