Macbook air with Parallels 7 Performace Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GarethW, Jun 25, 2012.

1. GarethW

GarethW Bit poster

Hi all,

I am running a Macbook air with Parallels 7 and am having major Performace Issues with both Mac & Windows apps responding badly. The config is as follows:

Macbook Air 13" - 256GB SSD - 4GB RAM - OS X 10.7

Windows 7 VM - Office 2010 Pro

Essentially all applications in both environments are running very poorly, are there any performace tweaks I can apply or settings to check or is the Macbook air not up to the job?

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Please let me know how much Ram do you have assigned to the VM? it should be less than 2 GB.
    Please try to disable/remove any antivirus software and check the issue

3. ZBoater

ZBoater Member

That is the same config I run. I use Windows 7 32 bit Pro.

Mine runs silky smooth. Did you make any changes to the hardware config of the VMs?

4. GarethW

GarethW Bit poster

Interesting.

The install was setup using defaults so I haven't tweaked or changed anything yet.

I will disable the AV & check the assigned RAM.

5. YanaYana

YanaYana

RAM should be fine if you used the default settings. Did the AV disabling help?

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Maven

I suggest:
    1 GB to the VM (1024 MB)
    1 processor core to the VM
    If you run a lot of Mac programs at the same time you run your VM, use the "Optimize for Mac" (or "Faster Mac") setting.
    Uninstall any Antivirus. Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials (they're pretty good and don't act up).