Why is the software so good and the site so bad?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sriggins, Jun 7, 2007.

1. sriggins

sriggins Junior Member

A friend owns parallels, didn't get an email (or spam ate it)

1) No upgrade link on this site, at all
    2) No link to these forums. Not even under support. Its like they want them hidden. I find it via google.

Whats up?

2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  3. sriggins

sriggins Junior Member

Thanks darkone but thats a bit of an obnoxious reply.

A customer should not have to search forums to find a company's offerings.

On top of that the forums are not linked to anywhere from www.parallels.com nor their support pages.

4. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

Okay, try doing a search in this forum for "unlinked forums" in all forums.

Exactly what would a search look like for that? I've done a number of them and can find no discussions relating to them.

The site's design is bad from an interface standpoint. There's no bones about it. Jakob Nielsen would have field day here.

5. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

hey dude.. i'm just saying, its been discussed many times and to try a search... i'm not being obnoxious...

6. justflybob

justflybob Member

You might as well ask "Why did Bush get elected?"

Sadly, you do get used to it after awhile. Kind of like what a centipede has to go through when learning how to walk.

7. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  8. jvgfanatic

jvgfanatic Member

I was going to say "post your search" instead of links to found items because the search might not be an obvious one but "forums main page" without quotes seemed to do the trick.

"Better support" is one of the worst reasons I have *ever* heard for a company hiding a support channel. True lameness in it's full non-glory.

9. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

I searched for "forums" firstly and got a couple links a few pages in.. then searched for ' forums and link ' to get the last one.. anyhow.. what does it really matter... I'm not going to get into an arguement about friggin posts from ages ago.. I was just trying to point out it had been discussed before.. if you dont like the way i typed it.. i'm sorry.. was busy doing something for work at the same time...

ho hum

10. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

You need to read the official blog regularly. It's linked under "News" at the top of this page. That is the point of contact for new information and has been for a long time.